Cllr Alastair Majury on the Allan Water Bridge in Dunblane

History of the Bridge

Dunblane Bridge, from 1409. This ancient bridge links the High Street to Stirling Road and Bridgend. The original bridge was a single-arched bridge of yellow dressed stone, built by Bishop Finlay Dermoch in 1409, relics of which may be seen from the N. It was widened to the S in 1849, in red stone, and pavements were added by…